More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Recentness


  • Back in early November I saw two amazing shows. First was Minus the Bear and the second was the Hold Steady/Art Brut show. I passed the singer of Art Brut in the bathroom of the venue and told him “good job”. How clever of me. After the show the lead guitarist of the Hold Steady was walking passed us (I was with a friend) as we headed to our car. He took some time to say hello and chat for a few minutes. He then said he had to get going and help load up equipment. Very DIY of him.


  • Last night I went with the same friend to see some band at a place owned by John Reis from Rocket from the Crypt. I accidently elbowed him as he walked by me from behind. He did not flinch. Nice venue that included many a tight pants/white belt wearing attendees.


  • No Country for Old Men was pretty amazing, but maybe with an asterisk. That’s all I’ll say to avoid any spoilers.


  • Tracey went to Cincinnati for the week and I’m expecting Justin down sometime around midnight tonight. We’ll be heading to the wonderful SD neighborhood of Mira Mesa to have the big TDay feast with some friends. Mr. Andy Stevens was thinking of coming down from LA as well, but got his car totaled yesterday. He is OK but his car is done. It was an 88 Bonneville (I know, it was still running?) and it was time to die anyway.


  • The Cavs are doing better and the Browns are entertaining.


  • Did you have a great Holiday?
  • 1 Comments:

    • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      happy turkey matt! wish we were there, somewhere in cali with you all

      enjoy your time off!- mare

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home