More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Glad to hear our prayers were answered Mom. Sorry we didn't call you back last night Dad, we were cleaning our old apartment and forgot to bring the cell phone with us. We miss you guys to and will call you soon. We'll be cleaning all of tonight as well, unfortunately, but the new place is coming together nicely and Tracey has done a great job decorated with painting, new lamps and things like that. We are so excited about everyone coming out for Thanksgiving, should be a great time. Hey Dad, is that CS Lewis conference thing a sure thing? There's a guy at work I was telling about the conference and you and he wants to go and meet you as well. I didn't see that Warren Zevon thing on VH1, but I read about him in the local paper and it made me sad as well. I was also reading some stuff on Johnny Cash, which was kinda sad as well, with him just losing his wife. He is very intriguing to me for some reason, even though I don't really listen to his musis (except the traditionary playing of "Ring of Fire" anytime I visit the ole Waffle House in BG). Reading about those guys made me think of gramps. The other night I had a dream about him. I was traveling for what seemed like a far distance, then I finally arrived at this house where he came out, I just ran up to him and threw my arms around him and just started balling my eyes out. I miss him everyday, we need to call him. SD did get Giles, thats funny. Hopefully SD will have a decent team for next years new stadium. And I will be going to as many of the Astros games as I can next weekend, for your birthday Dad. I've been listending to the LF EP that I picked up at the show this weekend over and over, I love it. Just found out that Alkaline Trio and Reggie are touring togther this fall and will be hitting SD the day before my family arrives for Thanksgiving.

Last night I heard an AT & T ad on the radio with Lewis Black as the voice, very funny and cool, love that guy. Tracey and I are really into the new Fox show "The OC". It's really cheesy, I know, but the one kid in it, the real son of the main family is hiliarous. He's also in that new Skate movie "Grind", which I have not seen. I want to see "Step Into Liquid", and Northfolk looked interesting, maybe I'll rent some time. Mare, I'd like to borrow Narc, bring that down for Thanksgiving, I liked that movie, although it's raw. Well, I'm totally worn out from moving and cleaning and working. I'd really like to just go play some bball. Sorry Ryan and Michele, I don't think I can join your fantasy football thing. Some guys at my work got me into a baseball one this summer, but I did nothing with it and was too busy, so I'll have to pass. Ohio State starts their defense of their championship on Saturday. I hate michigan, and how can the Indians lose to the Tigers, that guy was out at home, anyway. Tomorrow is Heidi and Ken, good times ahead.

"If you shave anything below your neck (refering to guys), you're a freak, period." Jim Rome
"I'm stealin to be her one in a million" LF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home