More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

They said yes to the Segway?


Gob1
Originally uploaded by Porpoise.

Here's some background for you before I tell you some funny news. I work on a documentation team of tech writers and translators. I work on site at a large corporation, but not for them. Our team consists of several different contractors that work for different companies. The company I work for has four people working on this team. My boss said that my co-workers and I could choose an event to do as a Christmas party and take an afternoon off on the company. A few of my co-workers watch Arrested Development and we obviously talk about it all the time. We had a short little meeting with my manager to give her suggestions as to what we wanted to do for our little xmas afternoon. As a joke, knowing my co-workers would think it was funny, I suggested we rent Segways (like Gob rides around) and ride them along the beach. I had recently seen a few people rolling around the boardwalk on Segways and I could tell they were rented. My manager loved the idea, to my surprise, and got my boss to approve the event! I feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing that a punch line from a tv show is going to be my office xmas work party.

Blockbuster online finally delivered the last cd of the Firefly set. For 5 weeks it sat number 1 in my queue, but they kept skipping over it. Oh yes, I sent emails, complained, etc., but to no avail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home