More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Friday, August 29, 2003

Heidi and Ken have arrived. Last night we got some bread and cheese and wine and watched the sunset on sunset cliffs. We chatted and had a good time. We went back to the condo and watched some sports center, well, Ken and I did at least. Heidi and Ken went to bed and Tracey and I watched some more tv. We fell asleep on the couch. I woke up about 1:30am, and I must have been watching MTV when we fell asleep cause I woke up to Britney and Madonna kissing, not a great image to wake up to, anyway. We showed Heidi and Ken Ready, Set, Bad and Justin’s other movies he has up on his site. They were into it and Heidi said RSB was the funniest thing she has seen in a long time. Also, I have to tell Justin that Tracey didn’t know that those blog sites by Brad and Ben were fake (she is going to be mad at me telling you, but she needs to be made fun of). Mare, that’s funny about Casey and fire. Tracey kept getting mad at me cause I wanted to stay outside till the fire burned out, which really would have been all night, and she wanted me to just go to bed in the tent, but I couldn’t leave my masterpieces! The Indians won, Tigers lost, and Bonderman has 18 losses, very funny. Ok, back to completing my vacation post…

We got to Santa Cruz pretty early on Wednesday of our vacation week. We got lucky and got a spot for the night. We got set up and decided to treat ourselves to a real meal, some Subway!! It was so good, and this awesome guy was working there that had a sorta mullet, a nice gut and was jamming out to JC Melloncamp on the stereo. We then heading to the boardwalk area of SC. Very touristy, but fun to walk around and check the scene out. We went to some surf shops and had a good time. After the afternoon of chillin, we went back and finally got to take real showers at the camp ground, although we had to pay a quarter for two minutes. We relaxed that night, played some more cards and got some rest. The next day we went to the beach all day and just relaxed. Saw some more dolphins and sea lions, played some Frisbee and took a nice walk. This was our last day of camping. We had another nice fire, a pretty big one to go out on. Oh, I forgot to mention this. Tracey found this recipe for cooking éclairs over the fire. Oh my God! One of the best things I have ever eaten. We had those several times, very good.

The next morning we packed up and traveled up to San Francisco for the weekend. Thanks God we had a hotel, cause I was getting sick of camping. Once we got settled in in our hotel, got cleaned up and whatnot, we drove into the city and went to the Haight Ashbury section. We did some shopping and then went out to eat at the Mediterranean place that we had eaten at last time we were in SF with Lars and the Andy’s. That was a lot of fun. When we got back to the hotel we were going to watch a pay per view movie, either X-Men 2 or Anger Management, but it was like 11$, no way, so we just watched tv. On Saturday we took the BART train into the downtown of SF, then took a trolly to Pier 39 and saw the seals and looked at Alcatraz from the pier. I got some lunch at a cool 50’s diner place (where I had a fry stab me in the top of my mouth and bleed really bad, it sucked, prolly the worst eating injury I have ever had, did I just say that?). We then took some more public transportation and ended up near China Town. We walked through there and went to Little Italy and found a great place to have dinner. We love SF, it has a great vibe to it and it’s lots of fun to be there. Definitely one of my favorite places I’ve ever been to. The next day we drove home, which was very hot since we did not have air conditioner and most of the trip home on 5 is in central Cali. Let me just say Fresno is disgusting. Overall, a great trip and I’m glad we did it. I don’t know if we will camp that much next time, but it’s always great to get away from work. Hopefully someday Tracey can write up her version with some more details of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home