More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Monday, May 10, 2004

I just got back from my interview today. It was in Carlsbad, which is 30-40 minutes north of SD. It seemed like a decent job, pretty mellow, but not sure about the commute everyday. It would be close to 1 ½ hours round trip everyday. We’ll see, hopefully I’ll have more options than this in the next few weeks. Still holding out hope that I can stay where I’m at, I’m really into it right now.

As for the weekend, we stayed in Friday night. Went to Encinitas all day Saturday. Brought the mini grill with us, grilled some hot dogs. Tracey and I both surfed, it was fun but the waves were crappy and choppy, but still fun to get out. For some reason we decided to not put any sun tan lotion on our backs. I’m still paying for that mistake at this moment. Saturday night we went to see Snow Patrol, but it was disappointing. The sound was bad due to poor acoustics, this mix was bad, too much bass, and it was very clear the dudes voice is majorly doctored in the studio (which is not a crime I guess). We were so tired by the end that Tracey dosed off for a few minutes on a couch. Fun to do regardless. I was just looking at the summer movie schedule and it sucks. There just is not much worth paying coming out at all this whole summer. There is Spider Man 2, Troy (maybe, prolly wait for video), Anchorman (with Will Ferrel, filmed in SD) and maybe Dodgeball (but just because I was supposed to be an extra in that movie, but they canceled the scene a few days before I was supposed to go). There are a few indies that maybe I’d see, like Coffee and Cigarettes (with Bill Murry and cool ensemble cast) and maybe Chronicles of Riddick, but just disappointing garbage overall, in my opinion. Just thought I would share. Have a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home