More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Friday, May 06, 2005

Is anyone else enjoying the Yankees slide as much as I am? Not sure what to do with myself, the Yankees suck and the Lakers are not in the playoffs. I guess my current sports rage is directed at Kellen Winslow Jr. and the Indians sucking so far. The Padres are starting to play a little better, but no one cares.

Last night I went and saw the Dillenger Escape Plan play. According to some, they are the gold standard of hardcore music these days. I heard they play a good show. I stopped really liking hardcore sometime in college, but DEP have been one band I have continued to listen to (and Norma Jean a bit). The show was a little short, under an hour, but was as brutal/good/beautiful as I imagined it would be. There was the clichéd mosh pit, and surprisingly a fight broke out, that never happens at hardcore shows. I'm glad I went, it was pretty amazing and they were amazing musicians.

I got a hot date tonight with my wife. Tomorrow I gotta get ready for my trip and we're attempting a 3.5 or 4 hour bike ride. Then I've got the NFG/Reggie and TFE/Eisley show.

Happy graduation Mike. We still owe ya a birthday/graduation gift, what do you want? Good weekend to all, not sure If I'll blog from Seattle. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home