More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Monday, March 17, 2003

I went to see the movie City of God last night by myself. I would have to say I did like it better than Gangs of New York, but barely. If Cameron Diaz were not in Gangs, it would be better. I keep replaying the movie in my head. It was very moving and disturbing. Just like Justin, I just keep thinking about it. I’d like to know how much of the movie was true. It said it was based on a true story. I just can’t believe the brutality of the children in the movie, yes, young kids killing other young kids, messed up.

Oh, happy St. Patrick’s day, and happy almost going to war day. This war crap is really crappy and it sucks. What also sucks is that there has been some theft around our apartment complex, including someone trying to break in to our apartment manager’s place last week. Well, they struck our place yesterday and stole my flip flops that I had sitting outside our door. How lame. They are only 4$ ones from Walmart, but it’s the principle of the matter. Someone stood in front of our door and took something that belonged to me. I guess it could have been worse, but it still pisses me off. All the laundry machines were also broken into as well. Anyway…

Didn’t do much this weekend, it rained most of it anyway. I rented Knockaround Guys, it was just ok, Walken was awesome as usual, but kinda boring. I borrowed the first season of OZ from a chick at work, but have not had a chance to watch any yet. I’ve been really getting into Boomtown lately, Sunday nights on NBC at ten. After watching Band of Brothers, I noticed that like 4 or 5 of the actors from BoB’s are in Boomtown, and it’s a pretty good show. They show the same situation (murder, hold up, etc.) from the perspective of each person at the scene of the crime. I got some more cd’s this weekend as well. Bought the new AFI and Ataris cds. I also bought the Andy Warhol Velvet Underground cd, and I really like it. I’ve been meaning to get it forever and finally did. Oh, found out last week that Cush in playing in Orange County this Friday, so we will be hitting that up. Well, back to work for me, glad the parents are home safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home