More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Monday, April 21, 2003

Justin, it’s ok if you punch me, that’s how I feel about missing the LF show, but I bought the other tickets before I knew. We showed Tracey’s parents Crutches and they liked it. And I was tuned into your emo blog from the other day, Tracey and I are going through some similar groanings.

Our Easter was good. We went to this church in Del Mar that was on this cliff overlooking the mountains, it was cool. Good message. Lot’s of rich white people at the church. We went to the second service, and as we were walking through the parking lot we passed this group of high school kids. I heard one of the kids ask another if he was going to go get “ripped” now, and he said he couldn’t pull it off today, and that’s all I heard. But how amazing is that on Easter Sunday, this kid wants to get drunk or high? It was obviously sad and pathetic. After the service we got some hot dogs and grilled out at our friends apartment, Marni and Eddie and hung out for a few hours. During the service we sang “Crown Him with Many Crowns” and it made me wish I was in church with my family and I felt sad and missed everyone.

On a lighter note I rented the Transporter on Friday night. It started out good, a cool car chase to start the movie and some great martial arts, then it just went way downhill, including a horrible fight scene that involved oil and bike pedals, you have to see it for the explanation, I cannot even begin to explain it in print, it was that stupid. I like the main actor, he was in Snatch, can’t remember his name, but the movie just ended up sucking a lot. Tracey watched the second Harry Potter movie and said it was better than the first one. Oh, on Saturday I played some bball in LaJolla, and it was fun. The courts is like a half block from the ocean, near Seal beach, so when I was done playing I like to walk down and look at the water for a few. So I walked back to my car and I noticed that everyone on the courts was standing around someone, so I walked over. This guy that I had played with, tall guy, really nice and funny (I talked to him between games and he turned out to be a Christian) was on the ground and his right fool was propped up. When I looked closer I noticed that his foot was sideways, and not in a good way. Someone told me that he jumped up and landed on someones foot and rolled his ankle, and from the looks of it, just destroyed it. I have never seen anything that gross up close, it almost made me sick. I felt so bad for that guy, then I thought how that could have been me.

We are going to have a quiet week and I’m looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home