More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Thursday, April 03, 2003

The second week of June is going to be a good one for me. I will be seeing Alkaline Trio live for the first time and that Friday Dumb and Dumberer comes out (Mary you’ll be into it), check the trailer here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/dumb_and_dumberer/trailer/
I also bought 3 Travoltas cds that I don’t have, the Travoltas are pure pop punk with a perfect mixture of the Beach Boys and the Ramones. There are a lot of bands out there who attempt this mix, but these guys are the real deal, they are just pure California fun and sun music. Funny enough, they are from Holland, but have a serious obsession for California. This Friday I might try to go see Spun, a new indie movie with Jason Swartzman in it. Its about drug dealers and addicts. I saw a preview of it before City of God and it looked really good, but weird, but not as out there as Requiem for a Dream, wow, that movie was messed up. Then the final four is on Saturday, its just going to be weird watching the games while the sun is still out, I hope Texas pulls it off. Wish I could watch the games with Dad and Justin down at Downtown. Nice job Mary on the April Fools thing, classic and good. Justin, have you heard of Postal Service, an electronic spin off by the singer for Death Cab for Cutie? I saw Notwist has a new one and has gotten some awesome reviews out here. I’ve got Bettie Severret next Sunday. They got a good review for their new album by Rolling Stone, I’ll pick it up at the show. That’s one show that I should be seeing with Justin and Lars, man that will hurt. Wish I could hit that Upright Citizens Brigade show tonight in LA, oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home