More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Monday, June 30, 2003

I made it through my first weekend here without Tracey. She has made it safely back to Cinci for two weeks. I did a ton of little things this weekend. It was an amazing weekend weather wise, just super sunny and warm. I took Tracey to the airport at 5am Saturday then went back to bed till 2:45 in the afternoon. I got myself together and went down to OB. There was a street fair on Saturday and tons of people. I just went to look at all the freaks and carnis that were walking around, it was a crazy and fun scene. I then went and rented Road to Perdition and putzed around the house, cleaning stuff and then watching the movie. I had recorded Backdraft from tv and I watched that as well. I wanted to rent Dark Blue but it was not in. I also gave myself a hair cut. Sunday brought more sun and fun. After being awaken by a phone call from Rzippay at 11am requesting airport info on SD, I chilled a bit, then went outside and cleaned my Honda out of all the trash. I then went back to OB, washed my car and vacuumed it out then headed down to the beach for a bit. I called my grandpa and we had a fun chat. I’m trying to get him to come out here when the Del Mar Race Track is in session so we can bet on the horses like we did when we were kids. He said maybe someday he’ll come out. I love my gramps and I don’t ever want him to leave us. Tracey and I talk about maybe one day (but maybe never, so don’t get any ideas) ending up in Cleveland (so we can live next door to Tracey’s best friend Heidi). I could get season tickets to the Indians and be near gramps. We could fish on weekends and play cards during the week. It’s a small dream, cause I’m living my dream at the moment, how does that work? But Ctown may never happen if we get to work for Justy, which would more likely be on the Left Coast. Wow, too much thinking. This is what I do when Tracey is gone. Think. And think too much mostly. Let’s move on shall we?

This morning I mailed out a package for Justin. Really no reason for it, except there are some Travoltas cds in there for Larson (so you can finally be happy) and a picture cd to give to AStevens. There is also an MP3 cd in there for Justin and anyone else interested. There is a note in the box explaining everything. I threw in some Scantron swag for the fam. Enjoy, should be there next week. Tracey, I miss you and I sent the camera cord today as well, should be there in time for the party, I hope. Dad, that was quite a list of tunes on your blog, good tunes. I know those songs so well because of you, I feel like I grew up with them as well, even though I know it’s not the same as your experience. Hey Justin, Jmascis played some weird show here last night with a bunch of people I didn’t ever here of. I didn’t go cause I have to save money now cause of the condo thing, sorry. This website has the listing of people who played (www.casbahmusic.com) under the June 29 heading under the schedule link. I start my first FrameMaker class tonight, which I’m not that excited about cause I gotta give up most of my night. I still need to see 28 Days Later. Has anyone seen that preview for Masked and Anonymous? It looks super strange but good. I tried to get these tickets for a free showing, but I didn’t get chosen. I did get two free tickets to OZ fest this Thursday, but I’m not going, why would I? I’m going to see Koufax in LA instead. Thursday afternoon I’m going to go to Hollywood and go to Amoeba music and play with fire. This place is so amazing. Oh, yeah, my company has given us Thursday off as well as Friday, so I have a three day week. Ok, I’m out. Oh, check this article out about Mel Gibson filming his Jesus movie: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ap/20030629/105689916000.html

“Grew a mustache and a mullet” This is a great line, what song is it from? Can you name it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home