More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Did you know that Starbucks does not franchise their stores? So I can’t open up my own Starbucks, not that I’d have the money for it. And Sonic won’t let me buy a franchise unless I have previous ownership experience in the food industry. I don’t think either of those are in my destiny, but I don’t like to be told I can’t do it, even if I never plan to do it. Tracey and I headed down to the farmer’s market in OB last night, got some food and chilled. I had a decent headache from work so I laid in bed the rest of the night watching NBA and the Padres game. Mike, glad the game we got you is cool. As for your timing for being out here, keep in mind that I’ll be back in BG June 17-20, so you may try to be here a few days earlier if you can, Tracey will be in Cincinnati from June 15-July 4, so neither of us will around, see what you can do. I found this recent Onion article funny:

Halliburton Employee's Pay Docked For Weeks Spent As Hostage
BAGHDAD—Spokesmen for Halliburton International announced Monday that employee Thomas Hamill will not be paid for the three weeks he failed to fulfill his truck-driving duties while being held at gunpoint by Iraqi captors. "While we share your joy in regaining your freedom, we are forced to withhold your wages for the period of April 9 to May 2," read the official corporate reprimand, which reached Hamill in Germany as doctors treated his bullet wound. "A disciplinary slip noting your failure to report to work has been added to your employee file." Halliburton has not yet disclosed the amount Hamill is being charged for structural damage to the company truck he was shot in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home