More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

I forgot to go pick up the new SF59 last night cause I came home and went to bed from 5 till 10pm. Then stayed up till 3:30am. I hate being sick. It’s been a week now. Everyday it’s a new thing, this sucks. But I did get up in time to watch NYPD Blue and tape Lucky. Both were good, except it’s already getting kinda old in Lucky when he keeps getting suckered by women and then ripped off, don’t you think so Dad? There is not much else to report. Thanks Lars for the review of SF59, and you better go see them. We are going up to see Mary, my sister this weekend and go camping, so I hope I’m feeling good enough to do all that. I’m more worried about having to fight through LA both on the way there and back, it’s gonna be horrible. And good job goes out to the Indians for last nights last at bat win over the crappy Tigers.

“You never want to call someone fat, but he’s way too fat.” Jim Rome, in reference to Shaq

“Michael Jackson is suing Motown Records over lost royalties from when he was with the Jackson Five. But Motown says they are not liable because they made the agreement with a black man named Michael Jackson and they have no idea who this guy is?” Conan O’Brien

And here are the answers to my movie quotes from the other day.

1. “I can't fire them. I hired these guys for three days a week and they just started showing up every day. That was four years ago.” High Fidelity

2. “I'm into murders and executions!” American Psycho

3. “Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOM STICK!” Army of Darkness

4. “They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.” Boiler Room

5. “Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.” The Big Lebowski

6. “Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K” Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure

7. “Wake up! Time to die!” Blade Runner (I knew you’d know this one Dad)

8. “One day the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect.” Good Fellas

9. “This is not Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.” The Big Lebowski

10. “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega.” Mallrats

11. “What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?” High Fidelity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home