More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Monday, January 27, 2003

Ok, a full weekend to report. Friday, went to see Adaptation and overall I liked it, but very weird. Saturday Tracey and I went to Torrey Pines State Park so I could surf and she could hike. The water was very rough and choppy and the waves kept coming one after the other, so the conditions were not very good for a beginner. But I went in anyway. The waves were 4 to 6 feet, so I did not go out very far, for fear of my life. I basically tried to catch the smaller waves as they were crashing near the beach and just ride them in laying down, which I did. I was out for about an hour and got thrown around pretty good. I did stand up on the board a few times, but nothing too dramatic. I caught this one wave (laying down) and it was going pretty fast, I say that the beach was coming up quick, then the wave threw me in front of it and the nose of the board hit the sand and threw me off pretty hard. I thought I was going to go face first into the sand and rocks but somehow I did not. I also thought I was going to pull a Jenkins and break board on one of my first waves, but I just cracked the nose a bit, very small crack. So I learned that I need to bail before the nose hits the sand. But it was awesome to get out there and do it. The cold water was not that bad with my wetsuit on. Water temp is 59 degrees right now, not too comfortable. I can’t wait to get back out. I was going to try to surf OB early Sunday morning, so I drove down to check it out, but they were actually having a long board competition and the waves were like 6 to 8 feet, so there was no way I was going into that anyway.

On to the super bowl. I went to a party with some friends from my office. Tracey stayed home because she was not feeling very good. I’m glad the Raiders lost, but at least make it a game, geez they sucked. The commercials were not that great either, in my opinion. Oh yeah, Saturday night Tracey and I went to see Chicago, that’s all I want to say about that. It was a full weekend and it sucks to be here at work on a Monday. I hope your weekend went well.

Mom and Dad-Glad to continue to hear that your doing well and having fun, be safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home