More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Friday, September 12, 2003

What a week it has been. First Warren Zevon dies. Then 9/11 anniversary, and I wake up today to hear about John Ritter and Johnny Cash. I figured Cash would be going soon, but Ritter? A shocker. Today has been a pretty slow day at work. I’m waiting on a bunch of feedback on some writing I did, and it’s not coming very quickly. I’ve played a lot of foosball today, so that’s positive. Did anyone catch that Christian Bale will be the new Batman in the next Batman movie? Very smart move for them. This guy deserves the bigger roles, he’s money. And has anyone seen that prview for the new HBO series Carnivale? That midget from Twin Peaks is in it, that’s all I need to know. Next week the new Saves the Day CD comes out. Last night we had our first home improvement disaster. Our kitchen lights are long fluorescent ones, which we hate. So as soon as we moved in, they went out. So we go to Home Depot and get some replacements last night. We come home and I install the first set (there are 4 total). I install the 3rd one (Im standing on a chair to do this) and I’m attempting to put the 4th one in when I knock the 3rd one out and it crashed on the counter and floor and shattered glass went everywhere. I was pissed. I guess not much of a disaster, but it was something. Tonight I suppose we will just relax, maybe go see a movie. Tomorrow we have our beach party, and Sunday is football. Have you ever checked the internet for websites using your name? Like www.mattedwards.com? It’s funny, try it. I’ll leave this fine day with a great quote about the original Man in Black.

“Locusts and honey ... not since John The Baptist has there been a voice like that crying in the wilderness. ... Every man knows he is a sissy compared to Johnny Cash.”
-- Bono

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home