More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Happy tax day. We already paid H&R too much money a month ago, so this is not a stressful day for us. I tried to go as long as I could without Starbucks, only made two days, pathetic. Got Justin’s package yesterday, haven’t had much time to listen to much of it yet, but I have been getting through the new Modest Mouse this morning. I’m feeling a little Pixies vibe on a few of the songs, it’s pretty cool. Glad to see the Stros playing better, Berk is heating up. Almost went to the Padres game last night, but didn’t, it was a blow out anyway. Tracey leaves tomorrow for the weekend. Tonight we’re going to a place in PB for dinner called Longboards Grill. A friend recommended it. I had to watch Tarantino on American Idol last night, how bizarre. He was pretty funny, but what a dude, is that guy real? I just read an article on him in the new Rolling Stone, he is a complete freak, not that we didn’t already know that. I just can’t believe some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

I’ve been starting to get into a good flow at my new job. I’ve been getting pretty busy and getting things done and people seem happy with my work. I’m beginning to really like this place, I’ll be sad if they don’t extend my contract or hire me on permanently. This would be a great place to make a long-term career. Plus I work with some sweet looking people, I’m talking scientist here. There are several “stereotypical looking” scientist types and it’s super rad. I’m not making fun of them, I’m just into them. One guy looks like my Brother Mike’s Asian twin (did you get the game from Dad Mike? How is it?) I digress. Crap, I just finished my Chai, time to end the blog entry and talk myself out of sneaking out for another one at lunch, SB’s gets expensive. I’ll check in sometime this weekend after I’ve seen KB2.

Now here’s some Talking Heads lyrics that have been making me ponder things in my life:

“And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile” (my old Grand Marquee, what a boat)
“And you may find yourself in a beautiful house” (obviously our condo, in freaking SD!),
“with a beautiful wife” (Tracey of course)
“And you may ask yourself-Well...How did I get here?” (I do almost everyday, why should I be so blessed? Grace of God)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home