More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Just got done eating some Schlotzskys, it was horrible. Nowhere close to how it usually is in Toledo. There’s one near Tower Records in La Jolla. I went to Tower on my lunch break to get Kill Bill on DVD, but it 20$, and several other places (Target, Circuit City, etc.) have it on sale for 16$, so I waited. I ended up getting a cd by a band called My Morning Jacket. I actually already have it (through immoral methods using the internet), but it was only 10$ and thought I should pick it up, so I did. Today I listened to the Rentals and the two Koufax albums. Made me feel slightly nostalgic for life in BG, the good times at least. Then I remembered being poor, the winter and how too many people knew too much about my personal life and I was back to the amazing reality that is life in SD: GOOD. I still miss teaching at BGSU though, I will say that. With Tracey out of town this weekend, I’ve decided that I will see Kill Bill 2 (which I prolly would have done anyway) and I might go to a Padres game by myself. They have these 5$ tickets that get you into the park, but you don’t actually get a seat. They have standing areas all over the park and a few picnic areas where you can just chill and watch the game, or just walk around. There are several movies I may rent as well, ones I need to catch up on but have not been able to, such as 28 Days, The Kid Stays in the Picture, Ripley’s Game and season 3 of OZ.

Dad, I’m glad you got to at least see an Indians win, even if it was cold, and the Cavs won as well. I wish I could start my own business and have an office on Newport Ave. in OB. Not so much because I want to own my own business (and doing what? No clue), but because it would be so Cash to work down there and take breaks at various coffee shops and the ocean of course. Just a dream at the moment. Wish I could code, I'd invent another napster like thing and retire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home