More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Friday, October 04, 2002

What's the word peeps? Midtown rocked last night, although the sound was not that good and they couldn’t really sing that well live, that darn studio making the band sound better than they are. In retrospect, last night I realized that I was standing at a show, by myself, surrounded by mostly teenagers, like 400 of them. And I thought, wow, I’m 27, at some punk show, do I belong here? Then I thought, well, if I had a friend with me to rock out with, it would not have been so bad. It was just weird. The last few years I have gone to a ton of good rock/indie shows around Ohio, and it was no big deal cause I always had peeps to go with. If nothing else I always knew Jenkins was going, he was always up for shows, no matter what. I guess I just felt out of place and old, which I am. But screw it, I had fun anyway.

Today our new furniture arrives, which is a pretty adult thing to have happen to you. We have never really been able to afford new furniture, so it is exciting. We always looked for couches on the side of the road or got free ones from friends. Speaking of which, that reminds of a funny story about our old couch in BG. It was given to us by our good friends Chelsea and Connel. They got the couch from the infamous Pastor Pitts in Toledo because they used to be in with him, whatever that means. Needless to say, many jokes were made about that couch.

Have a good weekend everybody (the 3 of you who read this). And check out Larson’s blog page, very funny recent entry. I think he knows it is time to move on. Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home