More Than A Porpoise, More Than A Man, A Manimal

I want a Porpoise who will laugh for no one else

Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Today I am listening to Ash and feeling good. What do I have to complain about? Nothing. Everyday I wake up and think I am in a fairy tale. Do I deserve to feel this good? I don’t think so, but alas God has blessed me anyway. Everyday I am reminded that I do not deserve the Grace of God, yet he freely gives it to me, why? It is a great mystery. No matter how bad we are or how much I screw up, His grace is sufficient for me. Crazy.

Speaking of crazy, the Don Cheadle NFL add where he is talking about what crazy really is was the best commercial during the super bowl, in my opinion. I am sitting at work dreaming of surfing. I think I might cut out early and try to hit the waves before sundown, although today is my bball day down in OB, ah, decisions, what to do? I didn’t have these dilemmas in OhSoHio. Tracey and I plan to never move. As far as were concerned, we are home. Living here feels like home. Sometimes I get bitter thinking I should have lived here my whole life, and I want to get mad. But I don’t. People who are locals here don’t have the same appreciation that I have. I have actually talked with people who have lived here their whole life. They are not overtly impressed with SoCal. They take it for granted. I have been dreaming of this place since I was 11. That’s 17 years of wishing and hoping. I wouldn’t love this place as much if I had been here my whole life. I needed the darkness, degradation and depression of being raised in Ohio to become what I am today, living the life and enjoying it. Ah, I’ll get off the SoCal soap box now.

Justin-that was a crap call on Mouton with the carry. Man, that was a good game though. I was out of control also, yelling at the tv and everything. Sorry they lost. But they will be a force in March. Also, just for future reference, if you don’t open our mail, and you just write on the envelope: Forward to (put our address on it) and put it in the mail, they will just forward it to our place and you won’t have to spend any extra money. Gonna try to see Confessions some time this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home